Here's what you need to get ready to register for tryouts:
- Make sure you are registered with AAU (see below for registration links) and take a picture of your card to upload.
- Have your doctor's information handy
- Have your credit card info available
After you have all of the information ready, then go to the registration link below and follow the prompts through the system and pay the tryout fee.
At the end, you will be asked to PRINT OUT three forms to bring with you to the tryouts. These forms need original "wet" signatures:
- Medical Release
On the day of the tryouts:
- If the player did not attend any of the Open House/Gym sessions leading up to the tryouts for the current season, the parent will need to sign a waiver for them to get on the court. You can get that at the tryouts check-in desk.
- You will hand in the three forms you have downloaded, filled out and signed (SafeSport, Concussion and Medical ), as well as the waiver if needed, when you check in for the team that matches the players current age. Although your player may end up playing on a different team, they need to get the colored tag that corresponds with their age.
- As you check in, your player will be handed a number with the color assigned to their age group. Please have them pinned to the back of the player in a place that doesn't interfere with their arm swings. The players will be moved around to different groups during the tryouts, but need to have the designated age-appropriate number for the coaches to see.
- Parents need to come to the mandatory parent meeting which will start about a half-hour after the players are in their tryout session. Each year, things change a bit, so even if you have been with Molten before, we need at least one parent for each player there.
- If your player makes a team, the commitment fee will be collected at the end of the tryouts. This will hold the player's position on the team. If the fee is not paid that day, then the position is not secure. These payments are not made through our portal, so bring a check for this payment.
- While the parent is paying the commitment fee, the player will be trying on uniforms and reporting their sizes.
- Go to your app store and get the free sports engine app. This will be used to communicate practice and tournament information, and any other important information to the players and parents.
After the players have been notified that tryouts are over:
If your player made a team:
- Return the player's number to the desk and pay the initial fee by check to secure their spot
- The players will try on uniforms and report their sizes in the uniforms area
- Tryouts are complete and you are free to leave. Check your emails and app for upcoming schedules.
If your player did not make a team:
- Return the player's number to the desk
- You may speak to the coaches for addition discussion about options