Here's what you need to get ready to register for tryouts:
- Make sure you are registered for the current year with USAV (see below for registration links) and take a copy of the card you can download to bring with you to tryouts.
- Have your credit card info available to pay the $20 tryout fee online.
After you have all of the information ready, then go to the registration link below and follow the prompts through the system and pay the tryout fee.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REGISTERED BEFORE COMING TO THE TRYOUTS
At the end, you will be asked to PRINT OUT and complete three forms to bring with you to the tryouts:
- Medical Release
- Safe Sport form
You will also need to bring:
- Copy of the USAV card
- Birth certificate (if a new player at Molten Volleyball Club)
- Checkbook for commitment fee at the end of tryouts to secure your player's spot on the team
On the day of the tryouts:
- If the player did not attend any of the Open House/Gym sessions leading up to the tryouts for the current season, the parent will need to sign a waiver for them to get on the court. You can get that at the tryouts check-in desk.
- You will hand in the forms you have downloaded, filled out and signed (Medical, Concussion, SafeSport ),the copy of the USAV card and birth certificate (if a new player to Molten) as well as the waiver if needed, when you check in for the team that matches the players current age. Although your player may end up playing on a different team, they need to get the colored tag that corresponds with their age.
- As you check in, your player will be handed a number with the color assigned to their age group. Please pin them to the back of the player in a place that doesn't interfere with their arm swings. The players will be moved around to different groups during the tryouts, but need to have the designated age-appropriate number for the coaches to see.
- Parents need to come to the mandatory parent meeting which will start about a half-hour after the players are in their tryout session. Each year, things change a bit, so even if you have been with Molten before, we need at least one parent for each player there.
- If your player makes a team, the commitment fee will be collected at the end of the tryouts. This will hold the player's position on the team. If the fee is not paid that day, then the position is not secure. These payments are not made online, so bring a check for this payment. The additional scheduled payments for the club may be made online with debit or credit cards after this initial commitment fee.
- While the parent is paying the commitment fee and returning the player's number, the player will be trying on uniforms and reporting their sizes.
- Go to your app store and get the free sports engine app. This will be used to communicate practice and tournament information, and any other important information to the players and parents. You will be able to connect to your player's team after rostering has been completed, which is usually within a week after tryouts.
After the players have been notified that tryouts are over:
When your player makes a team:
- Return the player's number to the desk and pay the initial fee by check to secure their spot
- The players will try on uniforms and report their sizes in the uniforms area
- Tryouts are complete and you are free to leave. Check your emails and app for upcoming schedules.
If your player did not make a team:
- Return the player's number to the desk
- You may speak to the coaches for addition discussion about options